The postdoc program of the Institute of Computer Technology and Information Security, Southern Federal University located in Taganrog, Russia is intended for citizens of Russia and foreign countries – PhDs / candidates of science who are fluent in English, with experience publishing research papers indexed in Scopus / WoS, who have not previously worked in Southern Federal University. The age limit for participants is 39 years.
The program is designed for 3 years with an extension every year. Projects are carried out under the supervision of a professor. From the first year of work, the postdoc has to lead the research team of the project made of postraduate Master and PhD students.
Applications for participation in the competition are accepted until October 26, 2021. The results of the competition will be announced by November 30, 2021.
- up to and including 39 years of age;
- academic degree of candidate of science (or successful defense of a candidate’s dissertation) or PhD or equivalent degree obtained at Russian or foreign University; priority is given to researchers who have received an academic degree within the last 3 years;
- fluency in English (at least Upper-Intermediate level);
- at least 3 research papers in the last 3 years in international peer-reviewed journals indexed in Scopus and / or Web of Science;
- absence of employment relations with SFedU over the past 5 years.
- employment in SFedU under a fixed-term employment contract as a research fellow of ICTIS with a monthly salary of ₽83,500 (for foreign citizens, the University applies for the status of a highly qualified specialist);
- compensation for living expenses in the amount of up to ₽10,000 per month;
- equipped workplace in ICTIS SFedU;
- covering registration fees and travel expenses for two conferences per year;
- payment for access to cloud services;
- payment of the cost of a single trip from the place of residence to Taganrog (bus or railway or air tickets in economy class) for postdocs living outside of Taganrog, Russia;
- opportunity to participate in other research projects and professional development programs of SFedU on a general basis.
Requirements for the performance
- Formation of a project research group made of SFedU students (at least two undergraduates and one post-graduate student) under the supervision of a postdoc, in the first year of activity.
- Publication activity of the supervisor and postdoc in collaboration with members of the project research group made of SFedU students.
- In the first year: at least two peer-reviewed publications (including one in a journal) indexed in Scopus and (or) Web of Science.
- In the second year: at least two peer-reviewed publications in journals (including one in a journal of the first or second quartile) indexed in Scopus and (or) Web of Science.
- In the third year: at least two peer-reviewed publications in journals of the first or second quartile. Filing an application for international or Russian patent is equivalent to a research paper indexed in Scopus or Web of Science.
- Postdoctoral supervision of Master’s Thesis – at least two per year.
- At least one application per year for a research grant with a funding volume of at least 1 million rubles.
- Oral presentations of scientific results at research conferences by the postdoc – at least two per year.
- Development of the author’s course during the first year of work (program of the discipline, educational and methodological materials posted in the ICTIB e-learning system lms.sfedu.ru) in English for the master’s degree programs of the Institute of Computer Technologies and Information Security and the implementation of the developed course in the second and third years of work.
Feel free to ask question on postdoc program. Phone: +7(863) 218-40-00 ext. 30-010, Alexey Samoylov. Email: info@localhost
To participate in the competition, select a project and fill out the application form.
Open PostDoc Positions in 2021
[table id=23 /]
[table id=24 /]
[table id=25 /]